Soul Searching and the Next Chapter, Part 4

Today as I am sitting at the table, with coffee in hand, preparing for a December TV update for Pop Culture Cosmos, I thought about a lot of things. Jessica's Show is coming out of hiatus. I have been radio-silent on the podcast front since November 17. There are a lot of things to address. It is December 12, and a lot has happened since the last post.

I'm going to clarify the paragraph, "When I was in college, I surrounded myself with like-minded people, same views and interests. But nowadays, I want to surround myself with people with different backgrounds, cultures, views, hobbies, etc. I have since limited contact with the people I associated with in college, with the exception of a few people. I'm probably not going to get into the details of what led to that, because I have no business putting all that stuff out there on social media. But one thing is for sure, I don't have the same group of friends I did back then. That's life. There's no drama, no beef, no anything. Just a different life path. And that's perfectly okay."

In 2019, I experienced a paradigm shift. I decided to take time off from school. I have not only received so much clarity on my next steps in my academic career, but also on the people I surrounded myself with. Now I don't believe one bit that people are bad. I believe things and situations created by behaviors are bad. There are people that know why I did what I did. I cannot control how other people act towards other people. That's the wisdom I've gotten through time. In every situation, there will always be people that will attempt to exploit your weaknesses and limit your potential. That was the situation I went through as an English major even after changing my major. Taking a step back to analyze the situation helped me to gain insight that will carry me to 2020. Let's leave toxic situations in the past, y'all! May we all be better for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized

Unmasked