Losing Sight

How do I word this blog post?

It's December 2, and the year has gone by super fast. I've learned quite a few lessons on forgiveness and relationships in the past few years, but more so in the past year. I have a hard time putting this into words. Two posts were in my drafts folder on this blog and this year is not even done yet. There are so many open possibilities that I have at this point so I can go anywhere if I set my mind to it.

Back in high school, I was trying different things. I was on the journalism staff briefly, I was in choir for two non-consecutive years, and I tried my hand in academic team. I was also secretary of my high school's Book Club and the Future Business Leaders of America, and interestingly enough, books were an integral part of my undergraduate career.

Even now, I am still trying out new things. I learned that for every plan that does not work, there are always backups. I will be sharing one of my backup plans. For a backup plan, I thought about going to graduate school to get a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing. As a child, I loved to write and create things, including fanfiction of the cartoons I have watched. I had several poems and an essay published in Creative Communication anthologies. In undergrad, I took creative writing classes in screenwriting and poetry. My backup plan involves getting into publishing.

Yet, I know what it's like to lose your whole heart into something that can drain you physically, mentally, and emotionally. In college, I wrote a lot of papers. That is not something I want to go through again, but it is a necessary evil to be able to write cogently. Like I said before, it is hard to put things into words.

When I was in college, I surrounded myself with like-minded people, same views and interests. But nowadays, I want to surround myself with people with different backgrounds, cultures, views, hobbies, etc. I have since limited contact with the people I associated with in college, with the exception of a few people. I'm probably not going to get into the details of what led to that, because I have no business putting all that stuff out there on social media. But one thing is for sure, I don't have the same group of friends I did back then. That's life. There's no drama, no beef, no anything. Just a different life path. And that's perfectly okay.

Now I know that post was a little on the messy side as I am ranting. But we've all lost sight of the things that we thought were good things. Perhaps a paradigm shift is necessary when the next decade hits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized

Unmasked