Soul Searching and the Next Chapter, Part 2

Over the past couple of weeks, I have reflected on a lot of things. When I was rejected from the teacher education program at Union, my life suddenly stopped for a moment. A curve ball had hit me straight in the face. Understandably, I was in tears. I couldn't handle what would happen next. I felt that I had let everyone, including my friends and family, down. I thought, now what? The next couple of days were the roughest, as I was performing, with Union Harmony, in front of so many people including the professor who flat out told me that education is not the right fit for me. I held back my anger and tears, knowing he was a major reason that my aspirations were crushed. I had a dream, and it was put on hold. I wanted nothing more than to just prove to him along with everybody else in the department that I will be successful in the teaching field, despite their thoughts that I wouldn't thrive in it.

However, it is all over now, and there is no reason to have bad blood, or regrets. I can move forward, and there is no looking back at what or where things might have been. Every curve ball leads to a lesson learned.

I want this next chapter of my life to be a new start. I don't know where it will lead, but I know that I will have a lot of support. I will be starting my third year of college, and new experiences are on the horizon. I still have a lot of growing up to do, and maybe I will just find a way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized

Unmasked