Seeing 20-20

Never thought I would use vision for my first post of 2020, but I feel that it is a great topic for the start of the year. For all my glasses and contacts folks, this one is for all of us.

Every year, I would have a routine eye exam to monitor changes in my vision. Once changes were documented in my prescription, I would then see the optometrist for a change in lenses. The eye checkup was as usual. But today's was a little different. On the prescription for my left eye, I discovered that I have astigmatism. Shocker, right? Except not really when you get headaches, constantly squint, and other things. Astigmatism is actually very common and it gradually develops from a combination of heredity and environmental factors. Luckily, it was caught on time and can be easily fixed. 

But life is not exactly 20-20. Life does not have simple solutions to correct errors. It's not exactly a one size fits all type deal, even in LSAT/MCAT/DAT/GRE prep (plus other standardized test prep, bar exam prep, PhD qualifying exam prep, thesis/dissertation defense prep, and the whole nine yards). It does not involve just review. It also involves intense reviewing and application in the road to mastery. 

If only there was a guidebook.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized

Unmasked