An Unfinished Poem...

For the past three months, I have been writing poems on and off left and right. I've only completed one poem out of three, but here is an unfinished poem I am currently working on.

"Anguish"

On the surface, I’m happy
But on the inside, I’m weeping
It seems as if no matter what I do
I’m always going to be reminded
By past mistakes and past hurts

It’s always one step forward
Taking two steps back
Constantly asking myself
Is it worth fighting for
Something or someone already lost?

For today, I am Job
A shell of a girl I once knew
Wasting away in the midst
Of chaos and confusion –
I’m only ashes and dust.

The anguish of my spirit
And the bitterness of my soul
Is all I’ve ever known.
Then I ask myself,
Does it really have to be this way?   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized

Unmasked