A Couple Poems

Since we are in the middle of the semester, I decided to share a couple of poems I've written at the moment. Since poetry has been a recurring thing on my blog, I wanted to share more of my work for my own personal enjoyment. I have more coming soon, so watch out for more.

Dancing


When clouds float
across mountain tops,
Impressions and misty waters stop
leaving footprints
as they glide
upon hearts
taking part –
dancing
set apart on color charted
fashionable runways
Our eyes gaze
Sun sets ablaze
enough for one last song
crafted by human errors.

Screenwriting

Like an archer 
She shoots and misses
She aims --her intended target
the screenplay buzzing 
through miles 
without reaching its 
bullseye

Like changing gears 
on a rough drive
through the mountains, 
a clear fog
reaching the surface. 

Like a capstone paper assignment 
receiving feedback in red font --
like the mysterious Minotaur 
straight out of a science fiction novel.

60% action and 40% dialogue
Without an end in sight. 
Just as when you need a fix
the pages become blank. 

Less dialogue -- ideal
Visual mediums 
notwithstanding

Like I said before, these are likely not going to be the final versions of poems I work on. So it is important to just get them out here to show the process of poetry revisions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized

Unmasked