Maturation is a Way of Life

Ever since I graduated college with a Bachelor of Arts degree, I had a series of revelations about myself I never realized before. Honestly, I never thought this blog would last like it did. Originally, it is a way for me to cope through life's struggles and challenges. As I matured, I discovered thought patterns and habits that are no longer present in my life. Some of the biggest factors of healing is recognizing the sense of power within yourself, or as I like to call it, inner strength.

News flash: the world is not out to get me. Failure is not a death sentence. Nor is it a mental road block. Failure should not paralyze you. In fact, it should be your greatest motivator to rise above it all. Personally, I would like to tell my younger self this to save her from feeling worthless. Because even in failure, you are worth something. In fact, facing my fear of rejection by not taking it personally is a part of the maturation process.

In fact, seeing how a lot of my peers handle rejection in a graceful manner inspires me to look at it at a different angle. Not getting to finish your desired major is seen as God closing the door on that major so you can move to another one. I remember wanting to be a psychology major at one point in my college career, but one of my biggest regrets is not pursuing that for two reasons: the fear of rejection and the need for stability.

I regret listening to the voices of inner doubt telling me that I would never be successful with a psychology degree. Little did I realize, the legal profession involves a great deal of psychology and logic. These major skills are just as valuable as being able to write and communicate effectively, which are the skills I had improved with a degree in English.

However, one of the biggest steps to maturation is to finish strong, in whatever major you have already. I finished my English major with a communications minor in four years. It was in the last two years that I became a much different person. The most important thing I would say throughout the college experience is that I am always learning and growing. We as humans should always strive to grow our skillset. As I have come to know, maturation is a lifetime process. Maybe you could say that it is a way of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized

Unmasked