Unmasked

I've had a lot of things on my heart and mind lately. Somehow, I have entered a new season in my life without even realizing it.

I'm not the same person I was a year ago. I've grown as a human being in retrospect realizing that everything happens for a reason. I've learned to embrace my weaknesses and will gladly boast in them, because God created me for a purpose. Interpreting social cues has been a long-standing weakness, even as I started this blog almost four years ago. Sometimes, when I read old posts, I do not recognize the person I was when I wrote them. Writing them was a way to channel the raw emotion I've held inside. Looking back, I could have channeled my emotions privately.

I don't know for certain how the future will look like moving forward, but things are so much different now and I am still learning. As a digital citizen on the Internet, I have a responsibility and an obligation to live authentically and humbly, and to spread positivity and healing for those who are going through difficult times. I recognize that there are times that I let people down and I was trying to live by pride. I show the good parts of my life while I was hurting inside. I could have known then what I do know now, but I literally was living as if I lived a life lacking empathy

Enough is enough. I tried letting time heal wounds, but it is what I do with the time that heals. God has been gracious to me all this time, even through the biggest mistakes and going through autopilot in my English classes. But time will tell if my future actions will line up with remorse and repentance, something I do pray for from time to time and will continue to do so.

From admitting my lukewarm faith a couple of months ago to repenting of years worth of sins and rededicating my life to Christ, I am preparing myself to come back to school as a brand new version of myself.

Comments

  1. Glad you found a new outlet and moved on from TVRG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still at TVRG. This is just my personal blog I've kept up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized