Pouring Out the Broken Pieces, One Step at a Time

A year ago, I took on a 30 day prayer challenge not only to grow closer to the Lord, but to also attempt to gain clarity in the midst of chaos and confusion. I wanted to make sense of what is causing division in my family, and the presidential election amplified the differences to the point where nothing makes sense. Then, in the fall semester, I wrote an essay about my failed attempts to become an individual in both a collectivist Appalachian society and Greek family values through anxiety.

A year later, gaining clarity in the midst of chaos and confusion was the theme of my summer starting with volunteering at LUCID for a week of worship. I am in a transition period with a college major change after another 4.0 semester, but a rejection from the teacher education program. The chaos and confusion took on a brand new level to where the future remains unclear.

And the common denominator: anxiety.

It is a thing that I have struggled with for a long time. I am super competitive academically, but this competition has seeped over into my life, and it is out of control. I have difficulties coping with the pain and stress of everyday life and its changes. With the future uncertain, I lost myself in the process of finding something I knew was never in my future to begin with. With that being said, I'm not alone in the struggle.

Through my broken spirit, I will continue to press on, but I am not alone. I'm God's child and I have people who support me no matter what. I will push through no matter what it takes.

And so, I leave you with this verse from Isaiah 54:17.

No weapon that is formed against you will prosper;
And every tongue that [a]accuses you in judgment you will condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Semester Soon Arrives!

First Two Years, Summarized

Unmasked